Thug Kitchen was recommended to me by my former library manager.When I picked it up I didn’t know what it was a vegan cooking book. Not that I have any problem with vegans, I just like meat. That being said I will eat a good vegetarian or vegan meal, if it has enough protein for me. The recipes in were pretty good. The pumpkin chili has become one of my favorites and a staple for me to cook.
I also did not know about the controversy around the authors of Thug Kitchen when I first got the book and if I had know I might not have picked it up. For those who don’t know Thug Kitchen is actually run by a young white couple somewhere in California. It’s a complicated issue and as someone who is not black I don’t feel comfortable diving into it but I will link some articles for those who would like to read more about it.
- GoodReads Reading Challenge – 22 of 30, finished on April 3.
- Modern Mrs Darcy Challenge – None.
- Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge – None.
- #BustleReads Challenge – None.
- POPSUGAR’s Ultimate Reading Challenge – None.