I have a bit of a problem with spoiling thing.
I like knowing what I’m going into before I watch/read something. So I spoiled the big reveal from this book before I even decided to read it. I kept seeing it everywhere so, even knowing the spoiler decided to pick it up.
I read a lot of reviews of this book before picking it up and they were split between people either loving it or hating it. I loved it. The twisted is pretty dark, but the book is very good. It follows Sephora over the summer before her senior year of high school. She uses art and fairy tales she tells herself to cope with the infandous thing that happened to her.
- GoodReads Reading Challenge – 3 of 30, finished on Jan 10.
- Modern Mrs Darcy Challenge – Didn’t cross any off here.
- Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge – None from here.
- #BustleReads Challenge – None from here either!
- POPSUGAR’s Ultimate Reading Challenge – A book based on a fairy tale, a bit of a stretch but the main character Sephora is a kind of obsessed with fairy tales. She links real life with grim versions of fairy tales and imagines that people in her life are characters from her stories. Each section starts off with a different fairy tale that connects with the story.